Just wanted to drop a little update...not much going on at home, we are just enjoying the summer! Connor is talking up a storm and loves being outside. Thomas the Tank Engine still reigns supreme, but lately he has really chummed up to his stuffed monkey, Mick (I named him...he rather resembles Mick Jagger to me). They are real pals and hang out together a lot. Connor has discovered string cheese and will ask for it by saying "CHEEEEEESE!" like he's having his picture taken.
Lonny has been playing some tennis, finally, and he is so grateful! He has a regular match every Monday and plays whenever he can. Wish I could say the same....
But on the mommy front, I have been doing tons of music lately! And I am having a blast. Both groups are working towards new directions, so I have been enjoying learning a ton of new music. It is a great reminder of how many truly talented artists we have had in our lifetime - some of whom I get to work with - and how many genres of great music there are. I am having the privilege of learning some newer songs (Foo Fighters, KT Tunstall) but really loving the chance to get reacquainted with some of what I consider the classics. It never ceases to amaze me how relevant they still are (I am thinking Mavin Gaye's "What's Going On"), how they still make you move while making you think (Stevie Wonder's "Livin' For the City" and WOW you should hear Jonny Lange's version) and how much fun they are to sing (anything by Aretha)! It has been an awesome journey where along the way I have had so much ear candy thrown my way ("I Don't Need No Doctor" by John Mayer and John Scofield, and Mayer's version of "Free Falling" that you can hear below; Stevie Nicks and her exquisite cover of Dave Matthews' "Crash") Holy Cow! I could name names and go on all day!! And the journey's not even close to being over......
I have also had the pleasure of working on some originals with Mike and Elaine... this is such an amazing process that has involved many "Wow" moments along with hysterical laughter. Life is good, but it's sure better with music!!
Whatever you are doing, wherever you are going, make sure you make music a part of it. You will be better for it. And get ready, because as we start playing more, I am going to be throwing some great stuff your way!
Friday, August 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment