Sunday, September 6, 2009

Street Fair Coming Up

Happy Labor Day everyone! Just a reminder that the Atomic Amy Avenues Street Fair gig is this Saturday. We have put our set list together and are doing some new stuff along with some old...should be good. We are also "headlining" so we got the 5:00 spot, on the West Stage - 9th Avenue between D and I streets. Afterwards, I am excited to go and have a BBQ with the boys...a chance to relax after all these months of hustling and hard work. I sure appreciate the Spent Rods, who always remind me to focus on the MUSIC, even when things are falling down all around you!! (Including, like at our last gig, the very stage!)

Oh, and a little Connor side note: When Connor and Lonny came home from church today, I was trying to explain to Connor that he needed his nap. He started to get really upset and insist that he should be able to watch ONE Dora. As I walked him to his bedroom, I was trying to soothe him (and distract him) and kept asking him what he did at nursery and how was singing time (which he loves). He finally said "I DON'T want to talk about that right now! I want to watch ONE Dora!" I am pleased to say, that I did get him into bed without Dora. But it was really close. I had to keep burying my face in my arm to keep from laughing!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Love it... Keanon says the same thing right before nap time.... "Mom, I need to watch ONE!" Too cute!