The girls went to the doctor today. They have been very congested and have had me a little worried, so off we went. Abby in particular seems miserable, Ella may be at the tail end of it. Sure enough, they have head colds, poor little darlings! So, no visitors or outings for a while, I am sad to report.
Good news is, that they got weighed again and they have gained big time! We were a little concerned about Ella, who now weighs 5 lbs 9 oz!! She has gained over an ounce a day. No more worries there! Abby is 5 lbs 11 oz! I am so happy!
They are all off schedule on their eating however. Ella is eating like an absolute horse and Abby, not feeling so hot, has been eating less. This has them eating at completely different times, despite my best efforts to keep them 45 minutes apart.
Mom is not getting much sleep as a result. I want to send another SHOUT OUT to Grandma who comes and relieves me so I can get some nap time in. Daddy too, has been awesome, taking most of the morning - early afternoon feedings on the week-ends. It is amazing, really, how little sleep you really can get by on. But it does start to take its toll.
My feet have improved a little bit, but are still painful. I go back to the doctor on Wednesday. It's okay for now, because I doubt I would be getting much exercise in anyway, but it is bothersome. I am continuing to pray for a good outcome, so that I can do all the things I used to before this happened. But if that is the price I have to pay for these beautiful little beings, so be it.
All in all...I have never been so tired, true, but so happy at the same time. Connor continues to be a good boy and a super duper helper. We are cooped up but are making the best of it. We are looking forward to this Spring, where we can get out a bit and to the girl's blessings, which will be in April. Mainly, we are just happy to be together and be a family!!! We are so blessed!
Monday, January 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm sorry they're not feeling well. Hopefully it just stays what it is and they get to be good as new in no time. A word to the wise: if the doctor told/tells you that you can drip some salt water in their noses and suck it out with the booger sucker, DON'T DO IT! Nearly killed Cayden that way (literally).
Hi there, Amy! I've been thinking about you and your family lately. I'm glad they're both home! What beautiful pictures! Congrats!
What's going on with your feet?
Post a Comment