I have been told that it actually can get very cold here, but I have decided that there are just varying degrees of summer in Texas. I have laughed at stories I hear about Texans bundling up when it hits the 60s (brrr! it hearkens me back to my days in California, where the uniform in winter is a sweater with your shorts). I have been looking forward to flaunting flip flops in February (say that three times fast). I have been planning on tossing out all the sweaters and scarves, saving just a few for trips back to Utah. These silly Texans. It is so hot here sometimes I can't speak. They don't know cold!
Then the funniest thing happened....
Yesterday we hovered around 85 degrees here. We have been here just about a month mind you. I looked around the house and everyone had long pants on. I found myself with a chill and ran upstairs to get a shirt with long sleeves. The air conditioner (which is hands down the most essential thing to have here, forget food and water) was set at 75. And I was cold!!! Lonny and I both watched football under blankets (can I tell you how wonderful it is to live in a football town again? It's, in an overused word, awesome). I felt like making a pot of chili.
Could it be that we are turning into Texans?
We have made it a goal to try every BBQ joint in The Woodlands. then perfecting our own. I am determined to learn to make pie crust. Connor has noticed that all the kids say "ma'am" and "sir" at the end of their sentences. He and I both sported cowboy boots at our Ward Fair on Saturday. I don't scream my head off at the cute little lizard who lives on top of my outside trash can anymore (I accidentally touched him ON MY BIRTHDAY while throwing out some trash because I didn't see him and had the heebie jeebies for two hours after...I don't know who freaked out harder)...in fact, I have dubbed him Larry.
I have even caught myself calling him "Sir".
I do believe, we are turning into Texans. And I couldn't be prouder.
Monday, September 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
So happy to see you posting again Miss Amy! I love to read your posts. You make reading fun. Whatever your family does, you do it big so I'm expecting you to DO the BIG TEXAN THING! Love to ALL.
Post a Comment