Saturday, September 20, 2008

You Can't Rain On Peace

Well, our performance today at the International Peace Day Concert was wet and wild! Right as I walked out of the covered parking, congas in hand, it started pouring rain. But it didn't dampen our spirits, we just waited it out. As soon as the sky cleared, we set up real quick and started our set. There were lots of people walking around the library square, and we had quite a few stop what they were doing and come over and listen to us. We got to try out some originals never before performed, as well as more familiar stuff. We were lucky to have a very appreciative, if small crowd. Right as we were starting our last song the heavens opened up again so we had to run for cover (me running in sandals with two congas, drum stand, a stool, purse, phone and umbrella...quite a sight). Want to thank one of my brothers from another mother Gary for putting this all together. All we are saying, is give peace (and the weather) a chance!!!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

"All I am saying . . ." Now I have that song stuck in my head. Thanks!

Amy said...

As I used to sing to Connor....Is give peas a chance!!!