Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Because I Love You....

And because October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, I would like to encourage, no demand, that all my fabulous friends and sisters aged 40 or over go out and get your mammograms!!! I know, sounds like a fun way to spend quality time with yourself and I know you are thinking "I'd rather get a pedicure, thanks Aims" and quite frankly, so would I! But mammograms SAVE LIVES!!! I just got mine today, thank you very much and got me to thinking of all of the beautiful women in my life that I love and want to have with me for a very very long time. They are a little uncomfortable, but they are quick and painless. Okay, I'll be honest, as pain free as a squisher
can be. And nothing says you can't schedule a pedi after your appointment. So do both!!! If you haven't reached the FABULOSITY that is 40 yet, then please tell (don't ask) your friends, sisters, mothers, grandmother, aunties - whatever women in your life that are 40 and fierce to schedule a mammogram TODAY!
For more information, visit www.breastcancer.org BECAUSE I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

2 comments:

Misty said...

That is the same reason I keepbugging my Mom to get a colonoscopy! You are too cute!

Marcy said...

You could totally be a mamo spokesperson. I wish I was 40 - you got me pumped to get it done! :)