I have been feeling a bit sorry for myself as of late.....having some personal struggles including, but not limited to: being asked to write about our failed adoption and what we have found helpful as to trying to heal (ha! again I say Ha!) and not getting a job that I interviewed for (and losing out to someone with less experience - ouch!) and having a birthday recently in which I turned...well, never mind. I know that writing about the experience is designed to help, both me and potential couples who have the same thing happen to them. I know that I didn't get the job because it wasn't the right one and well, there's nothing I can do about the latter. I know when God closes one window, He opens a door (though I am thinking there has been a mix up and mine has been sealed shut) - I know these things. But sometimes, it is more fun to pout.
Two things have happened though, to put a smile on my face (this is ONLY if you don't count the love and support of friends, though it is related!) ONE: I discoverd chocolate drizzled caramel covered popcorn from The Popcorn Factory. This was a birthday gift from the Alaska Eight and I can't stop talking (or thinking) about it. It's a perfect blend of salty, sweet and OH MY WOW! that you must try. Thank you so much Alaska!
TWO: I had the happy happenstance of reading Ginnie's blog today on the Fail Blog (although her post called Oh Toe You Di'nt is pretty funny too). If you are looking for some giggles check it out. I am still laughing! And waiting, cause I know my proverbial sun will come out any minute!
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time! You deserve so much better! I hope things turn around for you soon!
I feel like such a shmuck! I can't believe I missed your birthday. Let's plan a night where we can go out for dinner... my treat! :)
Love you & thinking of you!
Hang in there and know I love you and am here for you!
Post a Comment