Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November is Here

I can't believe it....we are already into November. One of my favorite months of the year! It is a month for gratitude (well, every month is, but the focus is just a little sharper, no?). Lonny's birthday is this month and we are so grateful for him. There is of course, Thanksgiving (one of my favorite holidays!) and I have so much to reflect on this year. But, it is also National Adoption Awareness month! It is a chance to celebrate the miracle of adoption and to learn a little bit more about it.

I think we have reached the end of our adoption journey. (Although I never say never......) But there are so many wonderful couples out there who are waiting to adopt. I want to tell you about my beautiful friend (inside and out, the girl is STUNNING) Deidra. She and her husband Steve and their adorable son Zack (this kid says the funniest things) have been waiting for three years. They are an amazing family who have a great spirit, go on wonderful adventures and have an incredible home filled with lots and lots of love. This month, Deidre will be sharing things she has learned about adoption and the process. I would invite you to check out her blog...she's over there on the right hand side. You may learn something you didn't already know! If you know someone who is considering adoption, please direct them there as well. Finally, I would also ask that some prayers be sent their way, that the perfect little being will come to be with them soon.

I can't believe it has been 4 years since our precious son came home to us. I could not be more grateful if I tried. For all of you who have gone through this process or have been touched by it, you know what I mean. So once again, Happy Adoption Awareness Month! It is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

1 comment:

Deidra said...

Get OUT! You are the cutest lady ever! Thank you so much for your kind words, you made me cry. I appreciate it so much! I hope your November is amazing and I am glad your babies are OK, you deserve all the best!