Connor is a big brother!!!Abby came home to us on Friday, January 14, after 5 weeks at the NICU! She is only 35 1/2 weeks gestationally, and this is rather impressive to all! Her last weigh in showed her at 4 lbs 6 oz and every ounce is pure feisty fighter!
Lonny, Connor and I all went to the hospital with video camera in tow (in fact, most of the footage is on video). I went in and got all the information, signed paperwork and gave Abby one last bottle. It was very exciting, but I also had tears because I didn't want to leave Ella behind. It was bittersweet to say the least. I was assured that Ella wouldn't be too far behind.
The nurse (not one of our primaries) walked us to the door where Lonny started filming Connor as he saw his little sister for the first time. He wore his "I'm the Big Brother" tee shirt and didn't have much to say. I think he was just amazed (and maybe a little shy). He immediatly grabbed the handle of the car seat and "helped" our nurse carry Abby to the car. He was very informative in the car, keeping us abreast of even the slightest movements of his sleeping sister.
It was a little alarming getting back in the groove of having a baby in the house. Abby slept in our room the first night, but as it so happens, Abby is ONE NOISY BABY!! She grunts, she groans, she squwaks, she squeals...this my friends, is when she is ASLEEP!! So she was evicted from our bedroom after one night. To your crib, Darling, monitor in tow (with volume control!) She is a little angel though. She went to her doctor's appointment and was proclaimed perfect and handled it like an old pro.
She had visitors the other night, her first! Our friends Mike and Marcie came to marvel at the newest wonder of the world. We expect there may be a few more...just a few.
Welcome home Sweet Abby! We are almost complete!!!







1 comment:
Welcome Home Sweet Abby. We love you so much already.
Post a Comment