Monday, August 1, 2011

Alrighty Then

I have decided to go "public" again so we'll try it for a while and see how it feels.

I am wildly behind in blogging but will get back on the horse soon. I have a trip coming up and when I get back, I will take care of business.

There are a few things I find worth noting....

At our six month check up, the doctor was concerned about the size of Abby's head. I say full of brains and takes after Dad. He smiles and says, "bring her back in a month". We did and it turned out that her head had grown some more, enough to cause him concern. He said he would make an appointment for a CT scan. He did. For the VERY NEXT DAY. Scary. So we took our Lady of Supreme Craniumness to Primary Childrens'. She was an absolute trooper! Just an angel baby, even though we waited an hour for a 2 minute procedure. Turns out Abby does just great, when she is the ONLY BABY. Hmmm. Anyway results came back negative, which is positive! No brain bleeds or anything else to be concerned about. Just filling up that gorgeous noodle with knowledge.

She also was weighed at the doctor and is pushing 14 lbs! She really has turned a corner. The colic seems to have subsided and she is a very happy girl, especially when you are carrying her around all over the place or letting her to pretend to stand. She is much easier to handle these days. All these things are a great relief to her mama.

She started sleep training this week and so far is doing fantastic. This is an even BIGGER relief to her mama, for now I am relearning how to sleep again. So things are looking up.

As always, Ella has been a dream. She is in with us during sleep training and is doing great. Not much else to report on her....she is still just lovely and smiling all the time. She is getting a lot more hair.

Mister Mister is enjoying his summer, though not as much as I had hoped. I really wanted to take him lots of places, but alas, it is too hard this year with the infants. He takes it all in stride though and has been a joy. He is in a bit of denial about kindergarten and just wants to go back to his old school. It breaks my heart a little, but I know he will love school when he goes. The countdown is on.

I am going for a little downtime (muchly needed) to see Jimmy in OC. As excited as I have been, it is starting to sink in that I will miss my kids (and hubby) very much when I am gone. But I will survive...thanks to Cassandra who is going to come and help out.

Overall I am feeling much better about this thing called life. Things have been dicey. Felt the old sads coming back, but am looking ahead and am excited about things to come (like more sleep).

More blogging and pictures soon!

3 comments:

Ginnie said...

I'm glad that you didn't go private for too long! I was at your ward a couple weeks ago, I'm sad I didn't get to see you!

Christie said...

Amy, I love reading your blog! You are so real and down to earth and I love your sense of humor!! Motherhood is no small task & I can only imagine the exhaustion you must feel with twins. You are an amazing woman & I know you are such a sweet mom. Keep up the good work!! I also wanted to let you know that our little Grant has a rather large head & his doctor has had similar concerns, but so far he has checked out healthy. It must be a Pehrson thing!! Big heads rock!

Cristina said...

Your kids are so darn cute! I love seeing them grow. Thanks for the posts!