Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Updates!

Connor is doing so great in Kindergarten! He is reading up a storm and is doing addition and subtraction (I don't believe I did that in k-g, but here's to scholastic progress over the last, ahem, so many years!). I get to be with him as a volunteer in class every other Friday and I co-teach the Music Enrichment classes once a month (Heaven holds a special place for Kindergarten teachers, let me just say). He is loving karate and is looking forward to lots of camping trips (we just got an RV for Christmas - he wants to sleep in it all the time)in the new year. He wrote his letter to Santa his very own self. He is so smart and cute as can be. Now if only I could get him to eat something more than peanut-butter honey sandwiches, chicken nuggets and mac and cheese! He loves to take baths. He uses his goggles from snorkeling. The other day he called me in the bathroom and said "Mom! Watch me go goggle-ing!"

Abby got her two front teeth for Christmas! Really! Plus an extra one on the side. She stood by herself for a few seconds just today. She is a very serious little girl, Grandma predicts a lawyer, maybe? But when she does give you a smile, it lights up the room. Crawling everywhere. You have to watch your step around our house! Very dainty eater! After they snarfed their red velvet birthday cake, I went to wash their outfits. Ella had cake all over her skirt, sleeves, etc. Abby? Not one crumb!!! She needs to stand up (so to speak) to her sister a little bit or she is going to be a victim alot. The other day we were getting ready for church and the girls were playing in the hall way. I came out and saw that Abby's little flower headband had been pulled down over her face and the pretty pink flower was sitting right over her nose. She just looked at me with those big blue eyes. Ella, of course, thought this was great fun.

Speaking of Ella, she is such a joy! She just thinks everything is funny (particularly if her sister is having a melt down - oh my, that's HILARIOUS). She is always smiling and exploring - she's very curious. I caught her just in time the other day as she was preparing to explore the toilet. Both girls love the remote but it is really funny - whenever Ella changes the channel on you (they both do this ALL THE TIME when you are watching TV) it always seems to end up on a Spanish speaking t.v. show, movie or music channel. Then she cranks up the volume! Maybe she will be bi-lingual? She stood up by herself briefly yesterday. She then took her first two steps and two more today. Uh oh! She has two teeth in the bottom and a front tooth on top is just starting to poke through.

The girls both go to the doctor on Friday so I should have updates on height and weight. Hope you are enjoying your holiday season...I will try to post a few birthday pictures soon!

2 comments:

Kylie said...

So exciting! Go Ella! I miss those cute kids of yours :)

Edy said...

Thanks for the updates and the gorgeous pictures. They are so precious. I know you were just trying to see if anyone was paying attention.....I was. Ella is really really really growing fast! Hugs to all.
And I'm so proud of Connor.