Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I Want So Badly to Blog

I have not been trying to be neglectful. It just happened.

I have written numerous times about the problems with computers in our household. I am starting to take it personally. For some reason, I cannot seem to download, forget about post, pictures. The brand new computer's hard drive has crashed. The upstairs computer will give me no explanation as to why it won't download my pictures.

To say I am frustrated, would be the understatement of the century!

So many things going on and no way to share. I guess I will just have to use word of mouth for now and do a whole gaggle of random photos later. Because I feel that I need to share. Because I am being nagged to!

We had a wonderful Christmas. We spent time with family and Connor made a handsome Joseph and the girls ethereal angels for the Nativity, which was skyped live to Grandma and Grandpa in Hawaii. We then had our own special Christmas morning, marred only by the fact that Ella was sick and Abby was in a mood. They seemed to be fine for present opening, but took a turn for the worse when it was time for church (which may become a pattern, methinks). I couldn't even get a picture of the kids in their gorgeous Christmas church clothes. Because only one of them actually got in them, Abby. And the picture I got is her screaming her head off. That will be one of my random picture posts. It's too good not to share.

For New Years, we had an AWESOME experience. We got an RV for Christmas (and will probably have to end up living in it lol, I think) and so we headed south for a little New Year's camping. I know this sounds nuts, but we went to Snow Canyon and had beautiful weather. It was fun to break in the RV and get away from it all for a while. I also got to spend time with my Mike and Elaine who have moved to Ivins and know all the great trails.

January has been a low key month for the most part although there have been two EXCITING developments, which I will share if you promise to keep reading!

Here's a blow by blow for the kiddos:

Connor - had a great Christmas. Happy boy, he got his Dump Truck City Set (this isn't even close to what it is actually called, that's just what he calls it. Once Connor sets his mind to calling something the name he has come up with for it, he can't be swayed. Witness, "Movie Car". He only now started calling him - the name you know him as - Lightening McQueen. And of course, now I call him "Movie Car" - although I don't know why I am calling him at all - and get sternly corrected. AnyCindyLouHoo - it was simply a Construction Set with Dump Truck, long story long) and Cars 2 (the former Movie Car) walkie talkies, a membership to the Aquarium and a new cartridge for his Smart Cycle. Side note: as a family, we got the X-Box thingie and I continue to impress Lonny with my sic dance moves when I do the dance game-in-a-jinger. Sorry, seems I have trouble with names myself.

Connor LOVES camping and we are busily planning more trips, one of which will be over his birthday. At beautiful Snow Canyon (I would move there in a heartbeat I love it so much) he got to play in the sand dunes and went on a hike with mommy. He flew his kite and got to sleep in the bunk bed, which he thinks is ALL THAT.

Kindergarten is going well. He really loves it. And as a volunteer in the classroom, I am privy to the knowledge that he is doing well. We are so proud of him. He is reading and wrote me an early valentine the other day. He is learning about spheres and cones. He continues to impress me with all the stuff he learned. Our Nanny Maren and he are fast buds and she has taken him to the Aquarium, to see the latest Chipmunk movie and just last week-end the dino museum. This is all on her off days! They really love each other. He is always slightly disappointed (probably more than he lets on) on days that aren't "Maren Days".

In karate, he had to earn the money towards his gi, or uniform (exciting event #1). He had to earn $50.00 and it took him a little over a month. He fed the pets, cleaned up the babies toys without being asked, he was the light and door monitor, he emptied trashcans whatever we could come up with. Making his bed and eating his veggies didn't count - it had to be something extra special. We made a chart for him and he would put stickers on it to mark off how much more he had to earn. Everyone at the dojo was really proud of him and he looks quite striking in his gi. Last week he earned his first stripe on his belt for completing Star Block Dragon's Breath. He is a great guy.

Abby - got a big stuffed teddy bear and because she is my daughter, tons of clothes for Christmas. She also got a driving set - a little steering wheel/horn/gear shift toy that lights up and makes noise. She is doing great. She is really attached to mama's hip though. She wants to be held all the time and told how pretty she is (what girl doesn't?). She is a FANTASTIC eater. She babbles up a storm and makes the cutest sounds. She can stand really well, even holding things and wants to walk so bad. She will take a few steps but really more like DIVES at you. You gotta be watching at all times!

Ella - She got the same presents as Abby, but a light up toy with lots of buttons that she pretty much ignores. She would rather play with my phone or the t.v. remote. She almost bought a movie yesterday for $6.99. One of those indie flicks that you never watch unless you are feeling all high brow. But she is as good natured as ever. Biggest news is that Ella is a certified walker (exciting event #2)! She walks all over the place and always has a big smile on her face. If she really wants to get somewhere fast, she will drop down and crawl, but for the most part she is walkin' her baby head off. She gets lots of applause (even from Abby) and will clap back at you. She also blows kisses and it's pretty dang cute. A good eater too, I think. I often catch Ella feeding the dog, so it's hard to be sure!

Both babies are pretty much off formula. I still have some laying around so I will give it to them occasionally. For instance when they are sick. I think they sleep a little better with it. And I think they find it comforting.

Speaking of, Ella is currently battling roseola, or baby measles (it would appear that this happy, sweet angel baby is the one who is going to get sick the most. I guess that's a good thing, if you have ever heard Abby cry, or see how she behaves when she is even mildly irritated. Buckle yourself in, folks!). She doesn't get the spots and it's not an immuniztion type of measles. It is viral. She has a terrible fever which should last 3 - 5 days (she started with the fever on Sunday night) followed by a rash. It is awful to see Ella lose her mojo, she is so spunky and independent. She does have good moments where she will start walking or get engrossed in something, then all of a sudden she just starts bawling. Please say a little prayer for Ella Beetle Bee and for her mom too. I don't know which one of us is more weepy. It is a terrible thing, to see your child sick.

Other than that, we are just hanging in there. I am a Zumba freak, but don't get to do it as much as I would like. Rehearsals are suspended for now, but we are starting to book things here and there. Lonny is knee deep in tax stuff and work stuff and being a daddy stuff.

It would appear that 2012 will be a rather tumultuous year for us. We are going to be experiencing a LOT of change. This is not easy for me, I am not built to be spontaneous and expect the unexpected. I need a lot of prayer! I will try to post any news that I can, when I can.

Thanks for hanging in there with me. Happy New Year!

No comments: