Thursday, March 1, 2012

February

Just some of the doins around our place this second month of the year!

The girls continue to try new "big girl" foods (and Katie learns to sit under their chairs to catch the fall out):

Ella decides she's "super fly" (and she's right)

Connor gets an "at home" haircut by barber Dad. Mom's not so sure.

Abby loves to dress up for church (in a sweater my friend Lori knitted for her)

Ella is a walkin' machine! She's so fast now, she's just a blur....

Abby followed suit and started walking on her 14 month birthday. Now she is all over the place too and I went and bought some new Nikes.

Connor continues to excel at karate. He earned his "gi" (uniform) and white belt all by himself by doing chores. He is already half way to testing for his yellow belt. He strikes an imposing "kung fu" pose! He is really excited for the day he gets to try working with weapons. Mom, not so much. He has read 25 books at school and loves going to the library. He's really good at math too. If he can talk a little less and listen more, he will be an outstanding student. We are super proud of him.

The girls are both progressing beautifully and couldn't be more different. Ella is super outgoing and a bit of a clown. She loves everyone and will come out to greet anyone that comes over. She can do a mean mean downward facing dog and I wish I could enroll her in yoga right now. I think she is going to want to take karate too. She loves to imitate Connor doing his moves for us. And the second Ella hears music, she starts groovin'. Abby is super shy and seldom has her finger out of her mouth. She will hide behind the couch if anyone comes over and will only let mom hold her. She loves her daddy too, but mommy makes her face light up (and the feeling is completely mutual). I think she will be happy to do whatever as long as I am holding her the entire time. Both girls share a love of climbing that I don't like so much. I have had to retrieve one or both of them off the top of the coffee table a couple of times just while composing this post!

February is fun, but we want the sun! Only a few more months.....

1 comment:

Edy said...

They say a picture is worth a thousand words; but the pictures plus your words are priceless. Thanks for sharing.