Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mother's Day

I have this silly image in my head about Mother's Day....that I will be served breakfast in bed, that the children will be clean and quiet. And that they will be perfect in church and then come home and sit at my feet, gazing adoringly at their sainted mother.....HA! But it is such a special blessing to be a mom and to have all my children with me at last. I don't even care that I couldn't get ONE picture with my kids where someone wasn't crying. I don't even care that they were extra naughty in church and I spent my time with them in the nursery. Lonny made me a special breakfast (who cares that it wasn't in bed?) and made sure the day was as nice as possible. I have a wonderful family who loves me and that's all the gift I need.

1 comment:

Kylie said...

I can't believe how big and beautiful those girls are! And Connor has changed so much too! So glad it was a good day. You deserve it.