Saturday, August 30, 2008

End of Summer Blues?

We are almost at the end of summer, and it's been a good one! Trips to the zoo, playing tennis, meeting new friends, making music, parties - on and on! And now it's Labor Day week-end, where everyone scrambles to get in those last minute trips and cling to the last days of sunshine and freedom. But I have to admit, I'm not all that sad to see it go. Because this week-end marks the beginning of.....COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!! Oh yes oh yes. That magical time of year. We are gearing up around here...tonight is the first BYU game - they take on Northern Iowa right here in River City! (by that I mean Provo, for those of you not familiar with old musicals) The boys will be going down to see the game at Grandma and Grandpa's house. That's nice and all, but what really matters is that the University of Tennessee Volunteers will be kicking off their own winning season Monday against UCLA!!! Go VOLS!!! I know that Lonny will be trying to brainwash Connor into thinking he is a Cougar kind of guy, but I did get the first strike in when Con was a baby:




Yeah, I'm that kind of mom. And as Connor has YET, at the ripe old age of 2, to wear any Cougar Blue, I think I got him!!! Score one for the Fausts!!!

Regardless of who Connor roots for, we have a great time in the fall. It is our very favorite season. Our 7th anniversary is just around the corner, I am already thinking about Halloween costumes, Lance will be graduating from the FBI academy, Thanksgiving is just about my favorite holiday....which is of course, because it involves....FOOTBALL!!! (I like the pros too! Love the 9ers, Chiefs and Titans, Lonny is a Cowboys man all the way, but we really love to watch no matter who is playing) Enjoy the last lazy, hazy days of summer. Have a great week-end, and don't forget to tune into ESPN on Monday and cheer on the Vols! Oh, and I guess it's okay if you want to watch BYU or the U, too!

2 comments:

Chad & Angela Nuttall said...

Oh he has such ha cute little tush!!!!

Chad & Angela Nuttall said...

Oh and don't worry, I will be getting Cougar blue on that boy before you know it!!!! Better watch out! GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!