Thursday, October 30, 2008

Atomic Amy and the Spent Rods


Here is one of our official band photos...taken by Ginnie J! Ginnie used her special 10 years younger, 10 pounds lighter cam. Thanks Gin Jo!! Ain't we cute?

2 comments:

Marcy said...

That's great! So, is that the new band name? I'm curious who came up with it. It would be hillarious if you called them spent rods. But I imagine that's not how it came to be.

Amy said...

It has long been Pump's dream (that's the bass player, bottom right) that we be called X-citoxin and the Spent Rods, but I put my foot down. I didn't want to be referred to by anything with the word "toxin" in it. Plus the old keyboard player wasn't "X" cited about it. When we decided to change our name, along with our sound, it was really a struggle! The boys insisted that it be Amy and the somethings, Pump brought up his idea again, but I think Craig (guitar, upper right) came up with Atomic Amy and I loved it (I mean really, what girl wouldn't?). We finally convinced Rob (drums, bottom left) which took a while, and there you have it. I wish there was a really great story (although you would have busted a gut at some of the ideas we came up with) but that's it! We are working really hard and love the new direction we are working on with Mike (last but not least, keyboard, top left) and are loving being in this band. I am super lucky because they are all mega talented and they are really awesome people too....I have 4 big brothers and I love them!