Monday, February 23, 2009

Chores

I have been trying to work a little with Connor about having some responsibilities (translation - chores, I mean after all, isn't that why you HAVE kids?) and learning a little bit about work ethic (cause his mom has such a great one, ha ha). So far his jobs include feeding the kitty cat and at least attempting to pick up his toys (which apparently, to Connor is not nearly as thrilling as giving Chole a "nack"). The other day Connor watched with great interest as his dad took his motorcycle out of the garage and gave it a good cleaning....almost time for some early spring riding, you know. When he got back inside, he decided that he wanted to clean his bike as well, give it a real good spiff up. After all it is a man's job to keep his hog looking good. Problem is, now he wants to do it everyday. If only I could get him to go at the bathroom mirrors with this much gusto! I hope he never decides to go for the old spit shine!

1 comment:

Edy said...

Good job on teaching him to clean. Those Harleys have to be perfect.
Way to go Lonny and Connor. Grandpa may need help with his.