
Just got back from Southern California! I packed my bags and left the boys at home for a whole week (and yes, the potty training suffered, an eensy beensy bit, but we are getting back on track). It was an amazing experience in which I reconnected with old friends and got back to my roots. When I was growing up, our neighbors, the Morris family, was my second family. So I got to see my "other" mom, "sister" Kate and Jon and his beautiful daughters (I am a sorta auntie! LOVE you Natalie and Olivia!), friends from high school (special holla to Ed and Julie mmmmwah!) ....but most of all my beloved Jimmy, who I love madly and without reason or question. I have missed him terribly and cannot remember laughing that hard in a long time (a couple of times, I thought I blew something out in my head and would have to go to the hospital....got a friend like that?). I feel very rested (thanks to time spent in the sun by the pool and at my beautiful Huntington Beach) and yet it was a total whirlwind of activity (and yes, I ate too much).
Unfortunately, our camera is on it's last legs and failed to function for me at critical times. So most of my memories are all locked in my head. But I got the one that I wanted most of all...me and Jim. He has been my best friend since I was 6 and he was 5. Isn't he gorgeous?
It is good to be back though. I missed the boys terribly and I can't express how my heart leapt when I saw both of them at the bottom of the escalator. Especially the one who kept saying "Mommy...mommy" and kept touching my face to make sure I was real. I will always, always be a California girl at heart, but it sure was good to come home.



4 comments:
I love how happy you look!!! But I bet you looked just as happy when you saw the fam waiting at the airport. Glad you had such a great time.
Them East Coast girls are hip, I really dig those clothes they wear. And the Southern girls with the way they talk, they knock me out when I'm down there...I wish they all could be California girls!!!
Anyway, I'm glad you chose to come back!
P.S. - I could never have guessed from his looks that Jimmy is a Californian.
I love that you had such a good time. I loooove laughing that hard and I don't do it often enough, I'm glad you got to.
I'm glad you're back.
I'm glad you had a great time...
I'm just not glad I'm not there to sneak over to your house and give you a welcome home planter or a you've-been-gone-too-long-and-now I'm-feeling-blue planter.
Miss ya!
Post a Comment