
Today, Jim and I have been spending time brainstorming how we can say good-bye to our friend Gwen. I am very excited that we may be able to plant a tree in her memory in Huntington Central Park (or Stuck Duck Park, to those of us who spent countless hours there). I have been dreading this, but it is acutally bringing comfort to us both. There are a lot of tears, but a lot of laughter (Gwen used to collect Penguins, or Pen-Gwens - get it. I think I said I would like to have a penguin there, but he missed the part where it was stuffed and we could send it to her son, and so he has been looking up penguin rentals - 'scuse me Zoo, can I rent your penguin by the hour?) but mainly I feel that we are making her proud. We want to be very creative (as Gwen was) and am wondering - what special ways have you said good-bye to people you love (and you can send ideas to me directly if you don't want to post them here)? Was there a special reading or song? Love to hear from you....
And California folks - the service will be on March 13th at Huntington Central. Not sure on time yet - just save the date! Jimmy says he's got the perfect spot.
PS - does anyone else think that Logan looks an awful lot like another little boy we know? That's an honor in itself!



1 comment:
Yes he does resemble another very handsome brown-eyed boy.
Best of luck in honoring Logan's mom.
Post a Comment