Thursday, February 4, 2010

Little Red Riding Hood

Nope, I am not about to tell you a (horrifying, imho) bedtime story. I want to invite you to join me for an event this June (5th to be exact)! Little Red Riding Hood is an annual bike (as in bicycle, sorry my Harley peeps) ride up in the Cache Valley. It is an all girl ride to support womens' cancer research. I have gotten the word of mouth low-down that this is great fun in a beautiful setting. There are 5 different routes to choose from 18, 35, 57, 80 or 100 miles. There is the promise of "endless food" including a chocolate fountain at the finish line (if that ain't incentive....). If you would like to learn more go to: http://www.bccutah.org/lrrh2010/
If you would like to join me, let me know. I signed up for 35 miles, but may up that as race day gets closer. I have been hitting my spin classes pretty hard, so maybe I will feel sassy - but I won't do over 57 miles. Maybe. At any rate should be a good time, great cause. Lonny & Connor are going to cheer me on. They would be happy to cheer for you too!!

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Go for 100. Why the heck not? You can do it! Are you taking pledges or something?

Amy said...

No pledges, it's just a straight up donation. 100 miles....we'll see. How about if you do it with me?

Edy said...

I could probably do 18. No promises though. I'm trying to learn to swim so I won't drown in the sprint triathalon on your birthday.

Amy said...

No worries, you'll do great! I found out that we run first, then bike, then swim.....probably not your preferred order, but definitely mine! We should probably sign up soon....