Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sticks and Stones

Went to pick up the little man from school only to walk in right in the middle of a scolding from his teacher about making his friend Larkin feel bad. Apparently there were words uttered in the heat of battle and Connor was completely unrepentent. He refused to apologize! The offending words? He called Larkin a "diaper". Apparently, in toddler speak, thems is fightin' words. I was appropriately apalled (as you can be when you are trying not to laugh) and told Larkin that I am sure Connor is sorry. Once in the car, I asked him WHAT UP with calling Larkin "that" name and he retorted with great indignity "Well, (which is how Con starts every sentence these days) she called me POOPY!!" (Are you sensing a theme here?). Tried to tell Connor that he needs to turn the other cheek (so to speak) and not let it get him down. Ah, the life lessons, starting already. Good to know he can hold his own, though!

3 comments:

Misty said...

LOVE IT!!!!!

Marcy said...

That's great! When I read he called her a "diaper" I thought, "Hm, clever. Calling her dirty and poopy and stinky and all around gross with one little word. Smart kid!" Then I went on to read she started with poopy. He was a lot more clever! IMHO. Perhaps now is the time to teach him how to fake being sorry - for teachers' sake.

Alison said...

I know, it is a hard call with boys...if some one says they are going to hit you...punch before they know what's coming, right?? But honestly, I don't think my boys would, they are too sweet. But I think boys have to stand up for themselves, too. It's pretty hilarious, though!! Gotta love the things out of their mouths!