Monday, May 3, 2010

Beautiful Words

Oh, how I love meaningful lessons. They give my life, well, meaning. I read one today that I simply must share about hugs. Love them also. They give my life, well - meaning, too.

Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach, a contemporary Hasidic rabbi and Jewish songwriter said that if you want to show someone you love them, you would "assume that you should hold their face in your hands and look into their eyes". But if you want to share something even more powerful, you hug the person. In essence you are saying "I will hold you up. No matter what happens or how bad it gets, I will hold you up".

To all those who have held me up, thank you. And to Rabbi Shlomo, thank you for reminding me they did.

1 comment:

Edy said...

Thanks for sharing, Amy. And we are hugging you and Lonny and praying for you continually. Love you all! And Happy Mothers Day coming up.