Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy Anniversary!


In September of 2001, it seemed like the whole world had gone crazy. I was right in the heart of making my big wedding plans when two planes flew into the World Trade Center and brought our country to it's knees.

It is times like those, that you appreciate the people you love and you count the many blessings that you have. I am fortunate to have a lot of both. But the biggest blessing to ever come into my life, is my incredible husband. Even when the world turns upside down....whether it's the whole world or just my own, he is my rock. He can handle girl tears like nobody's business (he is going to be the most amazing girl dad ever), take care of me and our Connor, be an incredible son and brother and is a wonderful example. He has always taken awesome care of me and now is certainly no exception. I am so happy that my father gave Lonny his enthusiastic blessing when he asked him if he could marry me.

We were married on September 28, 2001. In a time when there was much sorrow in our country, we decided to say that, hey - there is still MUCH JOY in life...and we didn't let anyone stop us.

Tomorrow marks our 9th anniversary. I know that it is but a short while. Especially when you think of forever. But in those 9 years, sometimes it seems like we have been through lifetimes. It has not always been an easy road, in fact there have been some very, very hard times. We have experienced a lot of loss. But what we have gained in each other, is priceless - and more than makes up for all of the pain. It seems, to quote Mary Chapin Carpenter, that everything we got we got the hard way. But in return we have received so much more. Strength, the blessing of learning to lean on another, faith, hope, parenthood and especially, each other.

Happy Anniversary, Lonny. I love you (and not just because you promised me a BIG TRIP for our 10th!!!) and I will love you more than you will ever know.

3 comments:

Lonny said...

I don't normally comment on "the Blog" but it seems I have no choice this time.

Thank You, Baby Mac, I love you too! Happy Anniversary!

PS
Aren't girl tears contagious!

Ginnie said...

Happy Anniversary! Make sure you let Lonny know he is totally workin' that denim on denim look. ;)

Edy said...

Congrats you two. I forgot to tell you. I can't believe it has been 9 years. here's to lots more wonderful years.