Today, it came time for one sleepy eyed little man I know to take his nap, affectionately called his Happy Nappy....a little term we learned from one Miss Abbie Christensen, that we just love. It's funny....if someone tells me "you should go take a nap" my head's on the pillow before they finish the sentence. Ahhhh. However, for some kids, it's like you have issued a moratorium that they will never ever play again or have any fun. Mine can be like that. So he will issue a protest "No, I want to watch Dora" or "No, I want to play Legos" ...and you have to explain to him that just because he has to take a nap for an hour or two, doesn't mean he won't ever get to to those things again in his lifetime (though I certainly hope he outgrows Dora, Movie Car and Legos by oh, say 20?) . He tried a little different tactic today....
A: Okay, little man, it's time for your nap!
C: No, I want to play firetrucks
A: (thinking I am oh, so clever) Well, even little firefighters have to take their happy nappy!
C: (thinking he is even more clever and breaking into the most beautific smile you have ever seen) But Mommy, I already happy!
Can't argue with that....except maybe by calling it a "Happier Nappy" from now on!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Yes, the toddler did out smart the mom on this one. ;) I'm thinking I'm going to use this idea with every day issues... happy clean-up, happy eating all your food, happy time-outs, even happy spankings. I'll let you know how it turns out.
From the mouth of babes. How cute is that! The big question is whether you still made him take a nap.
Oh my gosh what a little stud! It amazes me what kids come up with, that is so dang cute!
Oh, my gosh! I love it! Don't you hate when they get you that way!! So, I just want to know...did he have a nap or not??
To answer the burning question, he did indeed. A good, long 2 hour one. I may bend on a lot of things, particularly his royal cuteness, but naps are non-negotiable. That's mama's time to get happy. And when mama ain't happy....well you know. Thanks for all the comments!
Connor has learned from the best of them (mom and dad). It's so fun to understand what he says. And be sure you check out Kassidy's laugh or whatever you call it. Lots of smiles tonight.
Post a Comment