Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

We just took a nice little shortie down to Vegas (I meant length of time, not referring to Connor or Lonny ha ha). We had the opportunity to spend a day with Lance, Lacie and Hope as they were there for a conference and some R&R! Right off the bat, we learned that little Hope is pretty much completely potty trained! Yea Hope! She was kind enough to show Connor some of the ropes....including the very important part after you flush in which you lean over and say "Bye Bye, Pee-Pee!" So Connor wanted a turn on the Dora potty seat, which resulted in a whole lot of nothing, except this last oh so necessary step. Connor though, really got into it and practically stuck his whole head in the bowl and his "farewell" to the flush had a distinct echo to it.
And it wouldn't be Vegas without a little floor show, would it? Here Hope and Connor had the opportunity to show off their moves. Doncha just love that's she's in pink and he's in blue? After working up a sweat, nothing like a little banana-y snack to share...We just love little Hope (and her parents) and that Connor and she are so close. He bragged to all his friends when he got home that he got to see Cousin Hope. In addition to the toilet festivities and the Toddler So You Think You Can Dance-Off, we enjoyed some time in the pool... and eating Dunkin' Donuts...and even made it into town! If you look close, you will see Lacie and I by the Beatles Club at the Mirage Hotel I also had an amazing opportunity to meet up with my friend Leona, who I have literally not seen since the day we graduated from high school, about two years ago (HA HA HA!). But it was just like we had seen each other yesterday (except I managed to gain a lot of weight in one day!) I am soooo glad I got to see her (except for the fact that I had "hotel hair" - you know how you just can't get your hair right when you use hotel shampoo? Why IS that?) and we are planning a reunion with some other friends in March. It was just awesome.It was just not enough time to spend. But we did have fun...after hours of listening to "Movie Car" and "Barney" (does anyone else think that Baby Bop has a smoker's voice or is it just me?), having my husband trapped in the car so he HAD to listen to me, gas station bathrooms and "road" snacks, we arrived home safe and sound. Thank you, thank you very much.

4 comments:

Ginnie said...

My first thought from seeing that first shot was, "it looks like connor partied a little too much in Vegas" HA! ;)

Amy said...

Ha HA I didn't even THINK of that...totally worshipping the porceline idol!

Marcie said...

Ditto, Ginnie! I am glad that you had fun!

Edy said...

Las Vegas was quite an event. I'm so sorry we were there at different times but I sure did recognize that potty chair. Yeh, I wondered if Connor had been trained on that new device - wrong end in.
Maybe I can get a pic or two up tonight from our Las Vegas adventure. It was awesome to spend time with Lance and Lacie and Hope.