Monday, October 12, 2009

Columbus Day Farm Fun!

To celebrate Columbus Day (which has not a lot to do with farms, I suppose) but mainly to get out of the construction zone, Connor and I went to Wheeler Historic Farm! We had a great time going on a tractor-pulled wagon ride, looking at all the animals (and after an incident with a bird at Kyle's house, he solemnly would warn the other kids NOT to put their fingers inside the chicken cage), going in a corn and hay maze, climbing a tree house, pretend driving a tractor AND picking out pumpkins in the pumpkin patch!!!


Meanwhile, back at the ranch.....
I now officially have no oven, stove or microwave (and they just re-hooked up the sink and dishwasher after my not-so-subtle protest) and for good measure, my shower because, hey while you are remodeling the kitchen, why not go ahead and reseal the tile??? But I am keeping my third eye on the finished product. And man, that kitchen has NEVER seen this much light! Special thanks to James for coming out from Cali to help us. OH, and for teaching my adorable 3 year old how to say "You want some of this? Huh? You want some of THIS?" and "Say hello to my leetle friend" complete with mad mug! Oh yes, I am thrilled about this!

3 comments:

Ginnie said...

sa-weet! now you, like, have to go out to eat...

Marcy said...

I LOVE IT!

Chad & Angela Nuttall said...

Oh my gosh Connor is so stinking cute! I miss that boy!