Thursday, October 1, 2009

More from Connor

Connor watched with great interest the other day as I walked back and forth across the house muttering things like "where are my shoes?" "I could SWEAR I just had my reading glasses in my hand...." and stop me if you know this one "what did I come in here for??" Finally....

C: "Mom, what are you ACTUALLY doing?"

The other day we were driving in the car and he is chattering non-stop. We come to some construction where they are diverting the lane to the other side of the road.

A: "Hold on Connor, I have to concentrate...they are doing something funky on the road".

C: "Well, they've gotta wipe off that funky!"

In my head I hear a little James Brown riff and a song is born...."You gotta wipe off the funky ....YOW! Wipe off the funkay!!!" I am working on it right now....don't be surprised if you hear me do it at a show one of these days. Complete with killer dance moves. Thanks to my little soul man!!

1 comment:

Marcy said...

HA! You may want to teach Connor that it is ALWAYS a very bad idea to ask a woman what she's actually doing. Or what she's done all day. Or anything similar. Your future daughter-in-law will thank you. Okay, probably not because it's her job to hate you, as a mother-in-law. But she'll appreciate it nonetheless.