Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Kitchen Update

I know this doesn't make the most riveting of reading, but you really ought to see it to believe it. If you are familiar with our house, you will be shocked and amazed. I certainly was when I walked in last night! This is probably (no promises) the last update until the big reveal, so we will get back to our regularly scheduled programming soon, I promise!
View from the hallway - if you look closely, you will see a cute boy eating his dinner!

This is the view from the sink! If you look closely, you will see James' head! And you will notice another wall gone!

Lonny estimates with all the room we have now, we will be hosting Connor's wedding reception (to which I responded by just about bursting into tears until Lonny said "Oh yeah, that's right. He is going to live with us forever..." to which I responded with a great big smile). I don't know about Connor's wedding reception, but maybe a holiday party if we get all the post construction work done on time!

5 comments:

Misty said...

can't wait to see it! You go girl!

Marcy said...

Wow - that is coming along fast! And it looks amazing! That is so awesome! PS - I was thinking about your green tub while I was in the shower this morning. That's going to be HEAVY! You're just going to have to chip away at it and haul it out in pieces, huh? They don't make 'em like they used to!

Amy said...

I actually have found a company that comes out and stains? dyes? paints? something like that...your existing ugly tub and makes it white. So, that's probably the route I will go, unless Lonny wants to get me some awesome soaker tub!

Ginnie said...

LOve the open space. What a perfect place to throw a party and have a little 'weenie surprise'.

Deidra said...

It's going to be fabulous! I can already tell. What's with all the walls they used to put in houses?