Connor has given us quite the list of ideas for Christmas gifts. One of these is a watch. A blue watch. He can't tell time, and thinks the letter S is the number 2, but by golly he wants a watch. Because he has been so vocal about his wants, Lonny sat him down and told him about what Christmas really means. He explained that we give gifts of ourselves to honor Jesus and it's not all about material things (in so many words). He asked Connor what he could give to Jesus as a gift (acceptable answers: obey Mom and Dad, be a good boy). Connor says: "I could give Jesus a blue watch!"
I told Connor that we were having some pictures done for Christmas cards. Out of the blue....Con says "Jesus won't be in our family pictures. He lives in the pointy thing on top of the church - Daddy showed me!" (His father admits to showing him said pointy thing, denies saying Jesus lives there, for the record).
Connor and I were talking about how cats could be boys (our cat is a girl so he was a little incredulous). I told him I used to have a boy cat but he got really really sick and went to live with Jesus. Connor says: "Oh. Jesus came and picked him up in His car and drove him to the doctor" Mom says: "Yeah. Something like that" (I know it might be a little irreverant but I can't help picture Jesus backing out of his driveway in the steeple in a red convertible with His blue watch on and a gray and white tabby cat riding shotgun). Dad says: "We definitely need to step up the Family Home Evening lessons!".
Finally, Connor was trying to blow his nose. I would hold up a kleenex and say "blow" and he would and I would say "good job!" and try to continue on to more pleasant tasks, but he kept wanting to blow his nose. One more round of this, one more "good job" and he finally says impatiently "MOM! You didn't get the corn out!!!" I thought this an odd thing to say and asked him "where did you hear such a thing?" "Miss Arlene" (one of his teachers). I thought maybe it was some kind of code for something that quite frankly, I didn't want to be privy to. He again insisted we try again. I pulled the kleenex away just a moment too soon....just in time to see an ACTUAL KERNAL OF CORN coming flying out of my sons nose and on to the bathroom floor. I don't think I have been so shocked in my entire life-and THAT is saying something. It HAD to be there since at least yesterday (and Marcy, a certain bean story does come to mind - Lonny used it as a teaching tool, I'll have you know)
There is never a dull moment with a toddler.....
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Hilarious! Never a dull moment with a child.
Oh my gosh!! That is hilarious! I would have freaked about the corn, though. Ha ha!! LOL!!
Oh my goodness that is so funny... the corn story you had ended up being a barbie shoe for us. Yep Hope found another thing to get stuck up her nose, this time i really thought it was stuck. I had to hold her head and flash light while Lance dug it out!!! I threw ALL BARBIE shoes away :0)
I love the Connorisms - and look forward to them. Hey, if I were Jesus, I'd live in the little pointy things on the temples!
And yes, as soon as I read that, I knew very well there was going to be a real kernel of corn up there! I still have nightmares of those 6 inch tweezers! Stupid bean.
Post a Comment