
Serious business (btw, the kids all got colored dots to be grouped as to when they would go in and meet the special visitor in the red suit - we have not started some new Eastern culture deal where the kids wear dots on their faces, just fyi)

Connor was in the last group called to meet the Claus Family, (wouldn't you know it) but was such a super duper trooper...he didn't whine (much) or complain (so much) but sang songs and played games with the other kids as they waited for their turn. Above, he is getting his chance to meet Mrs. Claus and he is quite eager to chat her up - you know, get a feel for what kind of mood the old guy is in...should I ask for something small or Go For the Gusto!
Finally his chance to meet Santa and lay it on the line.....he gave him a big hug and then said "Santa, I want a blue watch!" I have a feeling it's in the bag, baby!

He even said thank you (work it work it Con man!) He was a little confused, because he thought he was getting the watch right there on the spot, and a candy cane is all he walked away with. He gets the gist now and we will watch NORAD track Santa on Christmas Eve (and hopefully have time for a certain Elf named Lonny to put up what Santa is REALLY bringing him (I have it on good authority he is getting the watch and something else, something big with a lot of parts that have to be put together - little reindeer whispered in my ear)....and that the Elf won't be up until 4:00 in the morning! Love seeing Connor with Santa. He still believes, and it makes me believe too. If my precious little boy can still believe in the miracle of Santa and the goodness that he represents, maybe, just maybe I can believe in miracles too. Merry Christmas my son....my teacher!



1 comment:
Funny! I love that he just wants a blue watch. Wait another year or two and he'll be asking you for a cell phone, a Wii and other really expensive electronics. Also very funny!
Post a Comment