Atomic Amy and the Spent Rods are honored to be a part of the 2nd Annual R&B Rendezvous at Rockport State Park. We are even more honored to be headlining this event, which has an impressive line-up of local talent (Mike and Elaine are playing too, they are opening the show as G.E.M. - I couldn't get it together with both bands this time around). There is even a guy playing there who once beat my old band, Slickrock Gypsies, in a battle of the bands competition and got to go play in Austin (no hard feelings)! It is a relatively brand new show that has been put together by some local musicians to raise money for the music program for kids at Shriner's Hospital. There will be Texas BBQ, raffles, and a fishing derby for kids. The event is free when you buy state park admission. It will be held from 2:00 - 10:00. We play from 7:00-7:45 and then the rest of the evening is devoted to an All-Star Jam. I am so hoping for a good turn out.....this will be our debut as a "blues" band (I have been hoping to get some street cred as a blues singer as well as my beloved rock and roll) and I really want to see some money raised for these precious children.
Rockport State Park is located in Wanship, about 45 miles from Salt Lake. For more information, you can contact me or visit:
http://www.rnbrendezvous.org/
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment