The gig was a big success. I can now officially adopt my new blues name. I just don't know what it is yet. But as I was explaining to my sis Marcy, it has to involved a handicap and/or a citrus fruit. Something like "Blind Lemon" Amy. Yes? Meh. I guess Atomic Amy will have to do.
It was blazin' hot (and the temperature was pretty warm too) and I was really proud to be a performer. And so glad to have an amazing group of musicians there to play with and play for. Many of them also were at Wayne's funeral which for me made it all especially poignant. So much talent right here in Utah. (As a side note, I dedicated the ultimate blues tune, imho, "Stormy Monday" to Wayne. I think he would approved). I am blessed to be a part of it all.
We got to meet children who have been patients at Shriner's and some of the dedicated workers there. And the dude who hosts the blues show on KRCL. I don't have the totals yet, but we were able to raise some money for music and have a great time. All in all, the perfect gig. And for one that was all about the blues, there sure were a lot of smiles.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment