Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Down for the Count (down)

Had my follow up appointment with the doctor yesterday. I have officially been told that I am on bedrest as well as work release. He said if not on the bed, then on the couch. This is a great relief, because I don't want to be down in bed without being allowed to get up! A change of scenery is nice! I have been diagnosed with mild pre-eclampsia, and we are hoping to keep it that way (or just have it go away!). I now have to go into the doctor 3 times a week (what part of bedrest does that fall under?) for non-stress tests and to measure fluid and babies. The doctor says now my goal is to make it to 34 weeks (as opposed to the last goal we set which was 37), but I am hoping to keep them in longer, as long as everything is going well. Thanks everyone for all the support and encouragement! My Christmas shopping is done, as well as my baby shopping (except a few essentials I can order online) so it will be kind of nice to just sit out the craziness of the season and concentrate 100 percent on Cocoa and Pebbles.

2 comments:

Chris said...

With Gavin, I had to do non-stress tests also. My favorite part about non-stress tests is that you get to see your babies 3 times a week! It can be a bummer on bedrest, so be sure to get lots of sudoku, crossword, laptop, etc. to keep you company. Keeping you all in our prayers!

Marcy said...

This is going to be an unforgetable Christmas season for you!