Friday, December 3, 2010

Showered With Baby Love

I have been so honored to have had two amazing baby showers! And there is still a third one to come. I will post pictures when I can, but it's been a little crazy.

The first shower was hosted by my incredible friend Aimee Nagles-Sims. She is a friend at work who has the most beautiful home in Millcreek. It was a super special night....the food was incredible and the cake! It was a bathtub with a pink bathmat that read "Congratulations Amy" and had two little babies in the tub (complete with belly buttons) and two little rubber duckies. And it was chocolate! There were also salads from The Pub that were amazing. I didn't think I was ever going to stop opening presents! We got so many gift cards that we will be able to buy our stroller and still have some towards the car seats (fingers crossed). We also got a gift card to Babinski's....I am really excited to use that though I am told I will probably be able to afford a sock with the $140.00 since it's so shee shee! I brought my camera, but there was no memory card! So Clayton, Aimee's husband (and a darn fine defense attorney, if you are ever in a jam) ran out and got a disposable camera....now I have to actually take it in and have them developed! When is the last time I had to do THAT???

The second shower was from my girls in the hood...my ward shower! This one was extra special too! There was a hot chocolate bar and fruit and the theme was Ladybugs. Everyone had to pose with a Ladybug Pillow Pet and join the Ladybug Club! This was hosted by my homegirls Marcie and Pearl. The only thing missing was, well, ME!!!

Earlier that day I went in for a routine ultrasound. Girls are doing great! Cocoa weighed in at 2 lbs, 10oz, Pebbles at 3 lbs. This is very encouraging, in that they are still getting nourishment from me despite the 2 vessel cords. Afterwards, I asked if they would please check my blood pressure. They did, and it was 168/94!!! So I was promptly admitted to Labor and Delivery....my 3rd time! Sigh. Nobody but nobody cared that tonight was my baby shower!!! They ended up keeping me all night and I didn't get released until the next day at 6:00 p.m.!! But everything was fine, my blood pressure came down (as well as my swollen ankles) and so far no diagnosis of preeclampsia. And, as a bonus, they put me on work release a whole week earlier, so I am now officially a lady of leisure until the babies come!

Now, back to the shower. The ladies held it anyway and had a couple of special guests....Lonny (who opted not to join the Ladybug Club) and Connor (who opted to join....twice)! They came with the video camera so that I was able to see all the people and decorations. They even filmed Lonny opening some of the gifts. Then Lonny and Connor brought some of the loot to the hospital and hooked up the video so I could watch the party and open some of the gifts myself. BEST. HUSBAND. EVER. About an hour later, my two incredible hostesses brought me more gifts to open. It was the next best thing to being there. And since there was a happy ending, I guess I don't mind. Well, too much anyway.

Thank you everyone for your incredible generosity. I am sure there is no more pink tissue paper or wrapping paper in the Salt Lake Valley. Cocoa and Pebble's closet is bursting at the seams, we have tons of diapers and we are just so happy. And we still have another shower to go! We are so very very blessed.

2 comments:

Ginnie said...

Correction: You were not the only thing missing... I was! I was all dressed and ready to come on down (I was even going to sleep at my parents house so that I could par-tay all night long) and then I got the call from marcy saying you weren't going to be there. I was bummed. Now I found out the party continued in an even more intimate setting (your hospital room). Now I'm even more bummed. I'll need to see you some time so I can give the sisters their present and nope, I'm not refering to the perky two sisters sitting firmly on your chest. ;)

Love ya!

Amy said...

Oh how sad I am! I am sorry that I missed you!!! I hadn't heard you were coming. Well, I am home all the time now honey so anytime that works for you, works for me. It would cheer the sisters (all of them) so much to see you!