
Connor is working very hard to be able to participate in the couch arm rodeo - rootin' tootin' toddler division, and spends time practicing. Apparently this entails yelling Yee Haw! alot and making horse sounds. Of course, being a cow poke of the living room variety does not come without it's difficulties. Sometimes it's hard enough just to get your cowboy hat on straight! 'Specially when that bronc starts a'buckin'!
I have been very busy too...nursing this Facebook addiction (is there a 12-step program for this? Seriously?) and watching Season 3 (I know, seeing that they are now in the 7th or 8th season this is pathetic) of "24" - again, hopelessly addicted and actually going to the gym (DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ADJUST YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN, AND NO YOU DON'T NEED LASIK, YOU READ IT RIGHT, FOLKS). I have been taking spin classes and yoga (no, not at the same time) and I hurt in all sorts of funny places and walk in all sorts of funny ways, but I am very happy. Exercise was one of the "list" items from my therapist, to which I would usually snort and slap my knee, but I decided to give it a try and lo and behold, it is doing wonders for me. Of course, I am not ready to shop at Skinny Clothes-R-Us, or wherever those of the skinny variety shop, but it is helping my soul. Even when I am moaning in pain. Even when my arms hurt so much, I can't brush my teeth (instead, I lay the toothbrush on the counter, put my mouth over it and move my head back and forth in swift movements). But it feels GOOD. I may even do it for another week or so....ha ha!A couple of fun things going on...we get to see Lance, Lacie and Hope in a few weeks in Las Vegas! We are looking forward to spending time with them, and I am hoping to get together with my friend Leona, from the bad old days of La Quinta High School, who I found on, you guessed it, FACEBOOK! We also will be taking the opportunity to put our profile on another adoption website, Parent Profiles, and feel very optimistic about this. More details to come and a link as soon as we get it all together.
We decided to abort Operation Potty Train until we gather more intel (can you tell I have been watching "24"? I am going to refuse to answer anyone unless they address me as Agent Amy "Cookie" Bauer until Angela loans me season 4) And mainly because on the "big day", Connor woke up in a foul mood and refused to agree to the most simplest of requests. And yeah, I know what you are thinking and you're right. We chickened out.
Okay, you are caught up for a while. How is 2009 treating all of you? I know Jenica is biting her nails waiting to find out if Baby Rice Krispy is a boy or girl, there has been exciting exciting stuff happening with the Incredible 6 (we are so happy for you Matt and Liz), undoubtedly Ginnie will get the house Santa promised her (but you can't move away and forget the Aimstress, Missy), Lance and Lacie are loving Oklahoma, I am going to go to lunch VERY SOON with Misty and Sarah...and I know there is wonderful stuff coming everyone's way (see, therapy WORKS), including ours.



4 comments:
I too have just discovered spinning at the gym and love it. I have realized that my mental status is much better when I regularly work out, even if I loose ZERO pounds! Way to go!
Hey Amy! I'm so glad to hear things are going well and that the gym is doing wonders for your spirit! I can't believe I made the big post! And yes, we ARE very excited... I don't know why I can't be like many women before me and just wait... but I CAN'T! :-) I hope the good times keep rolling for us all!
Ahhhhh, I just love you! :)
PS- What gym are you going to? I need a work out partner.
Dear Agent Amy~
I am definately a fan of therapy!! Yay for the quacks...maybe I should talk to my therapist about my addiction to 24, and my love of Jack Bauer...nah...I'm not willing to do anything about it anyway!!! Love you!!!
Post a Comment