Friday, April 15, 2011

Baby Blessing

We had an incredible day last Sunday, Baby Blessing Day! Surrounded by family and friends, Lonny gave the girls the most beautiful blessings. He talked about Abby's strengths and her amazing future and blessed Ella that she would be mindful that she is named for her grandmother Eleanor and that she would be a peacemaker. Both girls were absolutely silent and from what I hear, never took their eyes off their Daddy. Afterwards, we held a reception at our home. We had great food (thanks to Grandma for the chocolate covered strawberries - my special request) and a wonderful time visiting with those who have offered so much love through this process. We missed our family and friends who couldn't be with us, but felt them in spirit. I want to again offer a word of gratitude to Edy. She made the girls dresses and their bonnets. I wish that I was a photographer (or that anyone in the family was!), the pictures we took just don't do the dresses justice. They were just beautiful. They were satin and featured big rosettes...funny thing is I had bought an Easter dress with the same kind of roses without having seen the dresses, so we matched! They were absolutely perfect. Connor and his dad looked very handsome too. Connor wore his first suit coat and I could have just eaten him up, he was so grown up. It was just an amazing day! Ella taking a preblessing snooze under her beloved playmat

No comments: