California Adventure Park!!! As you might imagine, mom and dad were feeling pretty stiff in the legs, but, what are you going to do? I have to say that I like Disneyland better, but we had fun at CAP too. We went to the 3-D movie "It's Hard to Be a Bug" (which scared Connor and his mom), rode on more t-cups, bumper cars, and Connor's favorite - the name of which I forget - but it's based on Brother Bear...there are rope courses, swinging bridges, caves to explore, log slides - all the sorts of things kids can do while their parents sit down (hurray for whatever it was called!). In fact, Connor had his first real melt down of the whole trip when it was time to go back to our room for a nap. And believe me,
everybody crashed. Then we went back and saw the 3D Muppet Movie and the Pixar Parade! Connor got to see that superstar that he loves soooooo much.....Movie Car (aka Lightening McQueen)!!! They have a great little boardwalk area and we hung out there for a while and took in the sights (Mom was dying to go on California Screamin'...the gnarly roller coaster, but I just couldn't do it without Daddy). We ate some dinner and just looked at the sights and then watched the classic "Electric Light Parade" - this has been around since I was a kid and has not changed one bit, including the music. By then, we were exhausted, but got to watch the fireworks again then headed to the room for crashville.
Highlights: Connor had bought a light uppity sword at Disney the night before, and insisted on taking it all over CAP - so it went with us on every ride
-Surprisingly cheap good food
-Seeing Tinkerbell in Electric Light Parade (I don't know who was more excited, Connor or Mommy! LOVE Tink!)
-Quote of the night from Connor: I had bought him a familiar delicious candy confection and he was workin' on it when Lonny asked him if he wanted to go on one of the rides that takes you up in the air and drops you....his response? "Mommy, Daddy, I don't want to go on Jumpin' Jellyfish because I might dwop my wawwypop!"





1 comment:
It looks like such a fun time! What a cute family you are! We will have to try that breakfast next time we go. Great pics!
Post a Comment