Sunday, April 4, 2010

California Dreamin' , Part One

We just returned from our family trip to Orange County....or as I call it the "Potty in the U.S.A Tour 2010" (I pee in the pot like yeah, mom likes it a lot oh yeah) - Connor's reward for finally graduating from pull ups and into full time big boy underwear!!! We started our trip a day earlier than anticipated, because I fell for California's oldest trick in the book....the threat of incliment weather later in the week (I lived there how many years? It NEVER happens!!!) but it meant an extra day in the OC, so who cares. The first night we spent in Vegas, and that was just swimming and chillaxin' in the room. The real fun begins when we hit, the happiest place on Earth, the house of the Mouse....Disneyland!!!
><>


Highlights of the Day.....
-Connor on the Disneyland Railroad yelling "Toot Toot" and "All Aboard!!" - He says that was his favorite ride
-Connor wanted to go in Sleeping Beauty's Castle....twice!
-Getting on Pirates of the Caribbean with no wait! (Though I think this scared Connor a bit, I really enjoyed it)
-Meeting Minnie Mouse (though it's kind of hard to tell by the picture, he warmed up to her of course, after picture taking was done)
-Getting to go on It's a Small World - after all, as it was closed most of the day
-Lonny seeing that there was not one little boy in line to meet the princesses and opting not to wait in line to do so (Connor loves him some princesses)
-The awesome fireworks show (that was apparently so awesome, I forgot to take a picture)
Quote of the Day from Connor - "Mommy, can I have a bite of your horn dog?" (I was eating a CORN dog - trust me when I say, this is hysterically funny at 9:15 in the evening when you have been with a toddler at Disneyland all day and you are pretty tired)

Great Day! And Connor has decided, worth putting it all in the potty!!!

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Ya aint nothin but a horn dog, cryin all the time... (or something like that)