Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Pics

Here are some photos of my little family opening their gifts....consider the noticeable absence of pictures of me....that would be because I am the only one taking pictures! Lonny handled the video end of things, mainly filming me struggling to get Connor's presents out of the friggin' packaging (you need a degree, a sharp knife and the number to the nearest Insta-Care handy!)

Following in the footsteps of his daddy and Grandpa, Connor gets a "vroom vroom" What self respecting toddler biker doesn't wear Daddy's new Harley gloves?

Christmas Kate
Lonny opens his brand new IPOD Touch!

It was a Christmas filled with trains and coaches and cars (Oh My!). This year I bought most of my own gifts, so there wasn't too much to open (though I wrapped some of them anyway) yet Lon still managed to surprise me with a few things anyhow (a digital picture frame featuring every photo-documented moment of my child's life)and I have only seen the top of my husband's head for the last few days as he is busy loading stuff on his new gadget (1017 songs and counting!). But it was also filled with gratitude for this little blessing we call Connor, for our wonderful family and friends that we love so much, the neighborhood we live in, and each other. And renewed hope as we look to the New Year and pray that our next little one, the one who is truly meant to be with us, is coming home to us soon. Hope you had a magical holiday and that the heart of the season lasts throughout the year.

2 comments:

Ginnie said...

Connor looks like a natural on that bike :)

Sarah said...

Looks like you all had a great Christmas! I'm so sorry that you had an adoption fall through. That must have been heartbreaking. We had two fall through before Ava, and Ava's almost didn't happen. I feel like the first two fell through so that they would help prepare us for what was to come with Ava's BM. That's easy to say now, but back then, the pain was pretty intense. We're praying for you that your little one joins your family soon!

I'm looking forward to getting together soon! My email is sarahandkids@hotmail.com. Let's plan this!