Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What's On Your Christmas List?

I have been asked to compose a list of what I would like for Christmas.....I think you ALL know what that would be, but in a practical sense. Things my husband can go to the store and buy me. For abso-friggin-lutely the first time in my life, I am drawing blanks.....I usually have the list typed out, double spaced, spelling errors checked, with vital information such as from which stores they can be purchased and when they are most likely to go on sale. I even include helpful shopping tips ("go at 10:00 at night, stores are empty" "make sure you take a snack" , "stay away from the freak show that is COSTCO!" and for the love of Pete if you insist on going on Saturday afternoon "KEEP YOUR NBA ELBOWS UP!!") I am a girl who knows what she wants!!! But this year is a real head scratcher. Which probably means I have everything I need, but hey, I'll make a run to D.I. and make some more room. I just need some suggestions.....and I know everyone wants world peace (or whirled peas, take your pick), hunger to end or, something sassy planted in their flower beds. I want to hear from the Material Girl (and Guys -you are not excluded - it's just with the exception of Dave, who really wasn't Dave, I don't think I have had any guys post) in you. What are you asking Santa Baby to bring you?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It was so good to hear from you! I would LOVE to get together with you and Misty. That would be so fun! Let's plan it! Your son is ADORABLE. What cute family pictures. I also checked you out on your adoption website. Looks great! Hope the wait goes by quickly. Email me at sarahandkids@hotmail.com so we can plan a date:)

Deidra said...

I too am drawing a blank this year. All I could come up with was a Dyson pet vacume. Boooooring!

Marcy said...

That's funny - we're completely different! Usually I can't think of anything. So I usually end up asking for stuff I need (towels, vacuums, pans, etc). This year, I keep thinking of more and more. Luckily most of it will still be available for years to come so I can pace Ray.

My list starts with baking stuff for my new bread recipe. I'm looking forward to a nice rolling pin, cooling racks, pizza stone, etc.

Then I think those radios/alarms you connect your iPod to would be cool. I got Sirius radio (in the car) for my birthday. I was thinking the dock to play it at home would be awesome too.

On the impossible list (for me) would be a hot tub and/or swimming pool. While I'm on my impossible list, liposuction would be fun. And a chin reconstruction.

I've always wanted stilts. And a clapper (you know, for lights, "clap on...clap off"). The Buxton Bag, as seen on TV, would be handy. Pretty much anything As Seen on TV would be fun to have! Come on, you can't beat the Eggstractor! :) I can spend hours on that website - and I still haven't even been through it all! You wouldn't believe how much crazy stuff they have!

My new thing the last couple weeks has been watching QVC and HSN. They've been doing gift shows 24/7. It's fun to watch. Oh, yeah, the Snuggli or whatever it's called - blanket with sleeves.

I wish I was rich, I'd have so much useless crap!