Monday, December 1, 2008

Connorisms


Just when I am at one with being down in the dumps, my little one has to go and say and do some somethings to make me smile...

We put up the Christmas tree with lights...(I am doing this Deidra style, because I love when she does this with her little guy Zack)

C: "Lights!!"
A: "Yes, Christmas lights, aren't they pretty?"
C" "I blow them out" and proceeds to blow on them like they are candles on a cake....

We are getting ready to go to the park. The T.V. is on and it is the beginning of "Miracle on 34th Street"

C: "What dat?"
A: "A movie is starting"
C: "Movie Cars?
A: "No, it's not 'Cars', it's a movie about Santa Claus"
Flash forward to us in the car
C: "Mommy, Katie (our Scottish terrier) not going?"
A: "No, she's going to stay home"
C: "Katie watch Santa Claus movie?"
The mental picture of my Katie dog watching a Santa movie, kind of helped me shoo the Grinch away just the tiniest bit....

At the park. Connor makes like he wants to swing on the monkey bars, but he isn't tall enough. I proceed to pick him up and move him towards them. He squirms and yells "No Mommy! Wanna get down". Once he has touched safely down he very patiently explains, "Mommy, I have to be careful". And my heart smiles. Because all my dire warnings and paranoid fears are sinking right in! My never-run-with-scissors-you'll poke-out-an-eye! You-are-swinging-too-high-you'll-break-your-arm! Don't-you-dance-on-the-table-top-you'll-fall-and-need-stitches (which actually did happen, I have the scar over my eye to prove it) mother is somewhere in heaven, grinning from ear to ear.

Thank you Heavenly Father for this boy who can make me laugh and smile when nobody else can. I love him so!

3 comments:

Deidra said...

Aren't we grateful to our cute boys who always find a way to make us happy? Connor is adorable and you are a great mom!

Marcie said...

Thank heavens for little boys! Connor is so dang cute. I am thinking.....is it time for SGC? Cokes, chocolate, laughter, etc. goes a long way!

Kylie said...

Oh my gosh! This little boy is such a cutie! Kids are so funny!...And I totally know the feeling of not wanting to even think about Christmas. I don't know what to tell ya to make it Christmas-y, but know I'm with ya there. Can we just skip it this year? :)...I hope things are getting better.