I have been instructed - by a professional, no less - to engage in at least 3-5 pleasurable activities a day (no remarks from the peanut gallery, thank you SGC!!!) . I was given a pleasurable events list (known henceforth as "the list") with possibilities to choose from and blogging was one of them. This, I can do!
Speaking of SGC, it is time for a meetin'!!! I need the laughs and the chocolate (it's on "the list"). And by the way, I sing (also on "the list") at the old wardhouse in RS this Sunday, Enrichment on Wednesday and the Ward Party on Saturday. Need to see your smiling faces, please!
Kelli's father's funeral was amazing. How loved this man is! The place was packed to the rafters and I never felt so close to someone I didn't know. And Kelli gave her father's life sketch with a serene composure. The Spirit was strong and it was definitely with her.
My friend is out of the hospital and by all accounts doing great. The doctors feel that they got all the cancer and there is just an all around feeling that all will be well.
Here is an item for all of my older fellow Gen-Xers and Baby Boomin' friends.....
I have awesome friends who just moved from Minnesota to San Antonio (change in the weather, much?) . They are incredibly talented musicians and have joined a band that plays at a church out there (we really need to get on board with this.....) . Just two week-ends ago, they got to go to breakfast with a prominent member of the church....Ann B. Davis, AKA Alice from The Brady Bunch! I am pea green with envy........welcome to your new home in TE-HAS, Mullins, and congratulations on your brush with celebrity greatness!!!
I had an opportunity to speak with our adoption case worker at LDS today. I am sure she couldn't make out alot of what I was saying (still teary - I probably sounded a lot like the adults on the Peanuts cartoons), but it was good to touch base with her. I am determined to look forward to this new year and work harder than ever to bring our baby home to us. Because I know, he is out there. (Yeah, Steph, I said HE....if it's a girl, then I will be just as delighted! And repainting a nursery!) We will have an all new and improved profile up soon, I will keep you updated.
Thank you for the suggestions about getting in the Christmas spirit. I appreciate your comments and feedback. I will be back, it's just going to take a little time. I love your idea of service, Deidra (and wow, it's a pretty obvious one, THANK YOU for the reminder) and have decided to help out either the ARC of Utah's Giftbox program (they are desperate, just desperate!) or the Angel Tree at Macy's....(which means I can also fulfill another pleasurable activity requirement....shopping - and YES it's on "THE LIST")
I think that is enough rambling for today. And enough to satisfy my therapist. Have a wonderful week-end everyone!!! Again, I love you, I love you and I love you some more.
And BTW this is my 50th post. An anniversary of sorts. Thank you for all your support!
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I will be there to hear your gorgeous voice tomorrow and Wednesday. Let's plan our "meetin". I agree, it is definitely time. Love you lots and am here for you for anything you need.
Sounds like someone needs a little surprise planter to be places in their flower garden. We can can this one Jolley old St. Nick and he can be wearing a Santa hat... so cute!
Is going out to lunch with friends on the list? Just curious... we need to go out ASAP. I think my therapist would like that too! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!
By the way that last comment was from me misty... just singed into dave's account i guess!
And here I was so flattered that Dave wanted to have lunch with me....hahahahaha!!! I knew it was you Misty girl
Love the new pic Miss G-thang, and....I DARE you!!!
Looks like we got the SGC set for December, thank you Marcie! And thanks to both of you for being there this morning....
Post a Comment