Okay, so I am totally psyched! I just got to spend the morning at the Hogle Zoo discussing our upcoming performances, settling logistics, getting set lists approved, signing contracts....whew! I can't tell you how TOTALLY EXCITED I am to play there...it is such an amazing setting and it's just going to be so much fun. Please please please, try to get out to one of these events and support our wonderful zoo. We were treated to an "exclusive" VIP tour and just had such a blast. We are told that everyone, from the staff, to the critters, are ready to rock and roll...atomic style!!
On April 25th, for the Spring Break Party for the Planet, there is a time change...we will be playing from 11:00-2:00. We will be in the Oasis area, by the merry-go-round and next to the Oasis cafe. They will have outdoor grills set up and will be offering pulled pork and grilled pineapple (I don't know how I will be able to concentrate on singing with that going on).
On May 9th, for the Macy's Mom and Me celebration, don't forget to head over to Macys' and buy your special t-shirt for $7.00 - that will get you into the Zoo for "free" without having to pay the $9.00 entry fee, and will make you eligible to participate in various activities. We will be playing at the big covered pavillion right next to the entrance from 10:00 - 1:00. If you don't have your t-shirt, you can buy one there....bad news is there is ususally a big old line...good news, the line winds past where we will be playing and where Meadow Gold will be giving away ice cream samples!!
We are so grateful for this opportunity...we were told this morning that the Mother's Day event ususally brings out between 12,000-15,000 people. I hope you will be one of them!!
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
How awesome is that?! I'm so excited for you!!!
The zoo is going to see record numbers these 2 days because you guys are there! We're planning to be at both events and can't wait!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment